Welcome to 2018 on Being Mummy Blog …… I don’t know about you but I really feel like theres a positive vibe to 2018. I’ve heard no moaning of January blues just good vibes towards the new year ahead.
If I’m honest 2017 wasn’t the best year for me, don’t get me wrong I did some amazing things with my boys and had the best time but I mean not the best year for me. Being a Mum swallowed me up a little bit and I lost who I was, I really lost interest in making myself look great, I lost my love of cooking and just didn’t feel like my own person much, I was just Mummy.
I struggled a lot with feeling low and being really anxious but I’m certain that this year I’m going to create a new me, a Mummy that can be confident being herself too.
Towards the back end of 2017 I really started to get my head together in terms of clearing my head space so I can be stress free to just get on with life and stop worrying all the time about nothing.
I researched loads of books on Amazon and bought a few that have really helped me. I am the most unorganised person you will ever meet, and its never bothered me until last year….I really found myself getting annoyed and just wanted that feeling of organisation. It doesn’t come naturally at all so its going to take time but I’m determined to get organised in 2018! here are some of my favourite books I purchased to help me with organising.
‘One Year to an Organised Life’ (My favourite)
Another thing that really got me in 2017 was that I started to suffer from anxiety, its one of the strangest things I’ve ever had to deal with. I have always been a very happy go lucky kinda girl and thats just went, I felt stress pains in my chest most days, with no idea why. I felt like I was a useless Mum that couldn’t achieve daily tasks like getting the house in order or giving the boys their tea at the same time very day. I ended up going to the doctors and they said that I was most probably suffering from mild depression and anxiety, I chose not to go on any medication and obviously didn’t start to feel better straight away but Instead I tried to do things that I knew would trigger my anxiety off. Knowing I’d be on my own in the house all day would really get to me so now I make sure I get out and do a few things in the day so that when I get home I have a fresh head.
An Amazing book I bought was ‘The anxious solution’. Its honestly brilliant. the writer Chloe Brotherdige suffered really badly with anxiety but she wrote this book and she really helped me see were I’m going wrong.
A few brilliant tips that I’ve really adapted into my life are these:
- Avoid making decisions when you’re anxious or tired. This was a big one for me, just give yourself a break make a cup of tea an have a rest. Look at it again when your with somebody or you’ve had a good night sleep.
- Boosting your self esteem and body confidence. Don’t hate what you see in the mirror, that body gave you your kids so love yourself..
- Trust your gut. Im a firm believer if something doesn’t feel right don’t do it.
- Stop people pleasing. This is another big one for me, you don’t have to say yes to a millions people. You can’t please everybody so say no sometimes. IT DOESN’T MAKE YOU A BAD PERSON.
- Go with the flow. I found it really hard to let things be natural and flow. I felt like I was always trying to control things so that everything looked great, it doesn’t make you feel great it makes you feel worse so try and let go and just go with the flow.
- TALK. I can’t tell you how much better I felt once I told my family how I felt. my husband, Mum and Nan were amazing to talk to. So if your feeling like I was just tell someone I promise your chest will feel a whole lot better afterwards.
Heres a link to ‘The Anxiety Solution’. I couldn’t recommend it enough.
Another thing I really want to start loving again is cooking. I’ve always loved it but last year just didn’t happen in the kitchen for me. Im lucky enough to have the most beautiful kitchen in our new home so I’m definitely going to cooking more and find my way again. I’ve just started slimming world again and that has some great recipes to go by but I did buy a beautiful book called Sweet and it looks amazing…. I prefer to cook desserts so I’m going to channel my inner Mary berry! I mean just look at that cake!
My wardrobe is also going to have a major update. Im going to try and do more fashion posts on my blog as its something I’ve always loved. Im obsessed with looking on Pinterest at the minute for lots of ideas. If you know of any great fashion bloggers please let me know!
So ye, heres to 2018 and letting Good Vibes only into your life, I’m definitely going to be doing this.