This post has been something I’ve wanted to write for a while now as I find these kind of posts so helpful and interesting. Every week I’m going to write a post dedicated to all things blogging. I don’t claim to know it all…. blogging is an endless loop of learning and I am certainly learning along the way.
Here is my top 10 most important things to know about a blogging :
- NICHE – Pick a niche and stick to it. My niche is Parenting and everything that comes under the ‘Mummy job role’. You will get readers that come to you for your niche, for instance if I started writing about football or party life I may not get that many people returning and will just confuse people. I don’t mean you can’t write about anything else but it has to somehow link to your niche title.
- BLOG LOOK – Make sure your blog is pleasing to the eye. Having a clean fresh blog that is easy to navigate around is one of the most important things about a blog and is what people will want to return to. If your blog is all jumbled and a bit of a mess it’s almost certain you won’t get many readers coming back. Creating an audience is key so when people visit you, you want to capture them straight away.
- PHOTOGRAPHY – One of the main things I am instantly attracted to is images. I will most probably not return If the picture is dark, badly taken and just a bit boring or dull. A picture says a thousand words so make sure they are eye catching and put across what you and your blog about.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Use social media daily! Theres no point putting loads of hard work and time into writing a blog if you don’t promote it. Instagram, twitter, Pinterest and Facebook are fantastic ways of getting your blog out there. So create pages on each of these social media platforms and post at least one thing a day making sure you use relevant hashtags, this will increase people viewing your posts.
- BELIEVE – Don’t take yourself too seriously and be confident in what you do. If you don’t believe in your blog know one else will!
- POST REGULARALY – If you only post once every few months it’s likely people will forget about you. Get a dedicated bloggers diary and write set days were you are going to write your posts. You can even write your blogs and set a times and dates to publish them and they will go live by themselves.
- WRITE DOWN YOUR IDEAS – If you are passionate about your blog you will most likely be thinking about it when your out and about or just lying in bed…. so make sure you write down every idea you have and write the post within a week of thinking of it. This will insure you are getting your ideas and posts across when you are passionate about them.
- WORKING WITH BRANDS – Don’t wait for brands to come to you…. there are thousands of blogs out there so they probably don’t know you exist. Write an appealing email introducing yourself and your blog and email it to all companies you love or think would fit in with your blog. Don’t be disheartened if they don’t get back to you just keep going.
- BE BLOGGER SUPPORTIVE – Having someone take the time to write a comment is the best feeling in the world so why not visit atleast 10 blogs a week and write a heartfelt comment on a post that you love.
- LINKYS- Linky’s are bloggers partys hosted on peoples blogs that you can put your favourite blog post onto and it will be added to there link party. You will be asked to add their badge at the bottom of the post you are including. This is a great way of finding new blogs that you love and also people finding you. ( I am in the process of starting my own linky……. click on this link to find out more –> LINK LOVE BLOG
I really hope you got some useful information from this post guys, please let me know in the comments below…or if you have any other great tips feel free to let me know I’m always on the hunt for great blogging advice!
Have a great day!