I can can honestly say this is the first time I am excited about leaving the past year behind and entering into a new one. I’ve never really been that bothered about turning into a new year…. I always make stupid resolutions that I never stick to such as:
- loose 2 stone
- dont eat chocolate
- spend less money
- eat salad
But these are all silly things with no substance that I will never do or stick too.
So this year I’m going to be pro active and give myself goals that will actually benefit, improve and help my life. So here goes:
- Get on top of my washing | One major thing that has driven me insane through 2015 with the added little addition to our family is the piles of washing that accumulate around the house!! I feel like I live around washing 100% of the time. So my new thing will be to put one load of washing on at night time, put in the dryer in the morning and then put it AWAY in actual draws the next night, when the boys are in bed. Hopefully this new routine will help me get organised with my washing.
- The playroom | I have recently moved Frankie and Charlie into the same room so I have a spare room on the first floor, and have decided to turn it into a playroom for the boys. It will be a place full of toy bags, cushions…..mess and they can do whatever they want to it and I can just tidy it at night or just shut the door and forget the mess is there! I don’t know about all of you but I feel like I spend my day tidying up toys to try and contain some sort of control on the house through the day, so I’m hoping a designated area were the boys can play during the day will make me feel like I’m not going insane trying to tidy the house. I’m going to put a stair gate on the door so that I know Charlie can’t get out and I can leave them to play with their toys while I make lunch and things.
- Get fit | As some of you may know I’m getting married this year so I know I have no choice but to get fit so I look good in that dress! So my plan is to check the classes at my local gym on a Sunday and plan a few classes a week. I’m lucky to be joined up to a gym that had a cresh so I can just drop the boys off and go and do a Zumba or yoga class an hour. I’m going to plan my classes on these beautiful weekly planners by @jessmessdesign you can find her stunning shop on Instagram.
- The weekly planner leads me on to my next goal and that is to eat healthier. I know it’s a cliche that everyone says but I’m really feeling a bit bllllaaa at the moment and I really believe it’s down to my diet. Now I mean I’m not going to be eating salad leafs for next year but I just want to eat things that aren’t going to make me feel like crap! I Recently purchased Jamie Oliver’s Everyday superfood and it’s delicious. So I’m going to write on my weekly planner, my meals I will cook everyday and what page the recipe is on. Hopefully eating better will make me feel better in myself and help keep me balanced with exercising.
- Exercise watch I was really lucky to receive an I watch for Christmas from Tom and it has an amazing app on it that counts all your calories you have burnt and how many steps a day you have done. I have set myself a daily goal of burning 400 calories, And if I dont hit it I just run up and down the stairs a couple of times a day until I reach it. It even beeps at you and tells you to stand! You can buy lower budget calorie counters from argos and tesco for under £50 and they just attach to your wrist like a watch. Honestly it’s amazing to see how active you’ve been in a day. You can see on this picture how the app logs how active you’ve been daily on the I watch. The green is calories burnt, the blue is how many steps, and the red is how long you’ve stood fit our if 12 hours.
- Get a savings account | I always say I’m going to save money but I always end up using it for something that isn’t that important so this time I’m thinking of getting an ISA account. We are trying to save to buy a house and Halifax have a great deal at the moment on a help to buy ISA with 4% interest tax free and the government also give you 25% free cash towards your house if you save through this. MONEY SAVING EXPERT .com is such a great website for everything and anything you need to know about finances it is always my go too place.
- Get a blogger planner | I love love love writing a blog and it is so rewarding if I get a like or a comment on a post that I put time and effort into, even if one person read it it would make me happy. So my plan for 2016 is to write atleast one blog post a week, and actually plan times through the week to write a little towards the post. I found the best bloggers planner from The Bloggers Planner. Their designs are simple and elegant and I love them!
- Get a work space | 2016 is the year I get a work space, just a little corner of the house just for me. Somewere I can go to pay the bills, write my blogs and just have a chill and a cup of tea. I’d love it too look something like this so I’m going to start designing it this week.
- Get a wall calendar | I have never really had a proper wall calendar were I can write events and things on so this year I’m going to. I have such a forgetful brain so I’m thinking if I use it to write down doctors appointments on and what days direct debits go out on. Surely this will make me more organised?
- My final tip is going to be write a to do list on the things I need to get done for that day and i’m to get them done before 12pm each day. I hate getting into bed at night and forgetting to do something and I always have a terrible nights sleep so hopefully by writing a list every morning I will be…..what’s the word……organised!!!
I hope everyone finds a little bit of help on how to get organised this year and please let me know if you have any other ideas or if you even try out one of my points.
Happy New year guys
Love Gracie xo