So this is a new one for me today, I have never wrote about cooking before but its something that I love to do. My Mum and Grandma are amazing cooks so I learnt from the best. Every mum has a couple of dishes that they just do without even thinking when they just can’t be bothered to make an effort or try anything new. Ive really got into cook books recently but I find the money and time that goes into them just makes me return to my simple recipes I can make in my sleep.
Here is one of my favourite recipes I make quite a lot in our household. It is the easiest meal in the world to make and is perfect for busy mums. The preparation takes about 10 minutes and then it pretty much does everything for you.
So here goes my first recipe blog post….. be kind to me!
BEING MUMMYS EASY CHICKEN CURRY feeds 4
4 chicken breasts
1 and a half tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of coconut milk
2 medium size onions – roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic – Garlic crusher
1 red pepper – roughly chopped
3 table spoons of mild curry powder
pinch of salt and pepper
a few leaves of coriander
OPTIONAL – half a cup of water
- Add a little olive oil to a medium heat pan and add the onions, garlic and peppers. Fry until softened then add the curry powder. stir together then turn the heat down a little and let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, coriander, salt and pepper and water, turn the temperature back to a medium heat and stir everything together. ( If you want it to be a quicker meal you don’t have to add the water, if you are letting it cook for a longer time add the water and it will simmer away)
- Add the chicken breast whole, without browning off….. you may think this is odd but trust me it makes the chicken so much more tender and soft. It literally just falls apart.
- Without water leave to cook for 4o minutes / with water leave to simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes then turn it to a lower heat for about an hour. Making sure you check on it a lot and stir. Non stick pans are the best to use for this meal. I always put a lid on the pan but leave a little gap so the steam can come out and the curry will condense into a smaller thicker consistency.
- For the rice again use a non stick pan, and always use basmati rice it is the best! Use a mug of rice and 3 mugs of water add some salt. I always use boiling water straight into the pan of rice as it helps it get cooking quicker. Bring to the boil on a high temp then put a lid on with a small gap and leave for 15 minutes. Never stir you rice even to check if it is done. Turn the heat off and leave the lid on properly for another five and you will have the perfect rice.
This meal is also best served with chopped cucumber, nan bread and popadoms.
And there you have it the easiest chicken curry you will ever make. What do you guys think? Do you think i should make this a regular feature on the blog?
Id also love to here from you if you try it out, you can also tag your images on instagram with the hashtag beingmummysrecipes.
Love Gracie xo